Welcome to One-Quarter Acres

Here's a chronicle of life on a plot of land right smack in the suburbs in Minnesota, whose owners would much prefer to be in the middle of nowhere.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Gadgets make me happy on the inside.

Ah, kitchen gadgets. I do love you. I don't really go for the unitaskers, but there are some things I can't live without. My microplane for one (zesting has never been zestier). My Kitchen-Aid for another. I'm also fond of my plain ol' wooden lemon reamer, and my possibly-ridiculous-but-nonetheless-awesome ice cream maker.

I found two new loves today: Pickl-It jars, introduced to me by Alyssa and TATTLER reusable canning lids, which can be found at Egg|Plant Urban Farm Supply. Be still, my heart.

For those of you who are local to the Twin Cities of Minnesota, Alyssa is gathering orders for a co-op for the Pickl-It jars. We can get a decent discount if we order as a group. I look forward to being able to make sauerkraut that doesn't look like something out of a horror film.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm in love now, too! Those pickling jars and reusable lids are AWESOME! :) I've been wanting to do fermented pickles for years and have never done it because it seemed intimidating, but I bet those fancy jars make it much easier. I can't wait to hear what you think of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Awesome. *So* interested in Pickl-it jars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this now - thanks for the shout out! For over a month now I've had a tab open to the AP post about who blogs...and just now got around to it.

    Loving your blog! :)
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails